Favorite Smoothie Recipes!
Super Green Recovery Smoothie
(reposted from freedomatthecrossroads.com)
So what’s a super green recovery smoothie?
In general, a smoothie is a great way to take in a complex mix of dense greens, fiber, and nutrients on the go! If you are pressed for time at the beginning of your day, then a superfood smoothie will usually fill you up, keep you energized and your body flooded with nutrients needed to support good health.
Also, if drinking “straight” water really isn’t your thing (i.e. the thought of drinking water when you are thirsty, makes you almost gag, etc), then a smoothie will help you on that front too! You might also like my other green smoothie recipes right here and here! (originally posted at freedomatthecrossroads.com, my main blog!)
No need to worry, this recipe will only take you about 5 minutes from start to finish once you have your ingredients assembled and ready to go. To cut down prep time, I tend to use a combination of both fresh and frozen organic fruits.
Here’s what you will need for your super green recovery smoothie:
- cup (8oz) of almond or nut milk with plant protein.
- 1 TSP spirulina powder.
- 1/4 tsp ashwagandha root powder.
- 1/2 tsp moringa powder.
- A med size banana.
- 1 TSP honey.
- A tsp organic bee pollen.
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder.
About those ingredients:
Bananas contain manganese (skinfood), potassium (heart-healthy), aid digestion, and give you energy.
2. Spirulina is nutrient-dense, a powerful antioxidant, antiinflammatory, has anti-cancer properties, detoxes heavy metals, and boost your immune system.
3. Ginger reduces inflammation, lowers cancer risks, contains anti-aging properties, reduces stomach discomfort, lowers bad cholesterol, boost immunity, and wards off hypertension.
4. Ashwagandha supports brain health, provides immune support, alleviates stress, anxiety, and helps with weight management. Ashwagandha is also a powerful adaptogen, promoting thyroid hormone balance as well as muscle strengthening and recovery.
5. Honey has been used for centuries because of it’s medicinal properties which include the fact that it is antimicrobial, rich in antioxidants, helps improve cholesterol, and lowering blood pressure, just to name a few.
6. Although less widely know, moringa powder nourishes the skin and hair, protects the liver, is antibacterial, and is a strong antioxidant.
7. Cinnamon also packs a healthy punch! A powerful antioxidant in its own right, cinnamon is also antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, improves insulin sensitivity, and lowers blood sugar levels.
8. Bee pollen is one of my favorite addons but if you’re allergic to it, you can definitely substitute it for another superfood like turmeric. Bee pollen helps relieve inflammation, strengthens the immune system, eases symptoms of menopause, and is an awesome stress reducer!
Why I love these super green smoothies:
Like I said, super green smoothies can literally mean the difference between supporting your body’s optimal health and fitness or succumbing to disease. The choice is yours, but I’m going to continue to stack the deck in my favor. I’m also convinced that incorporating real healing ingredients like these, can go a long way toward improved health and healing. Part of living a quality life is having a body that has everything it needs to keep you living the best of what life has to offer! Your health is the “REAL” wealth in this world. Enjoy and you’re welcome!
More smoothie recipes can be found on my main blog at Freedom At The Crossroads!